Following are the projects that I have done
- Nepali Text generation using Deep Neural Networks
- Researched and developed stemming algorithm for Nepali language, which was able to remove suffix from the words. (Download pdf report: Text Stemming in Nepali)
- Development of Nepali text processing library which includes Stemming, Tokenization, Character length count, and Stopwords removal features. Available as Java library or Rapidminer extension.
- Research and implementation of Vector Space Model based CAPTCHA solving algorithm which was capable of breaking visual CAPTCHAs of more than four web platforms (guestbooks and forums) with more than 95% accuracy.
- A Recommender system based on hierarchical clustering and frequent pattern mining algorithm to recommend new retailers with marketing strategies that similar other retailers in the same area adopted.
- A Neural Network system combined with Genetic Algorithm to predict the market direction of NASDAQ.
- Design and implementation of a simple yet powerful web automation scripting language called ScrapeLang using ANTLR and C#.
- An editor with syntax highlighting and script execution facility called ScrapeLang Editor. It was built using C#, AvalonEdit and Prism framework. The editor is very modular and extensible supporting plugins, designed and built by following the popular MVVM pattern. The user interface was built using WPF.
- Analysis on data management in All Nepal Football Association (ANFA) and prediction of football matches of English Premier League (EPL) using Logistic Regression and Hidden Markov Model. (Group project. Download pdf report ANFA Database and Prediction System)
- Numerous web bots and crawlers using scrapy, python-requests, and selenium.
Programming Languages and Skills
I am most skilled in C# and Python. I have many years of experience with building modular and extensible applications using C#, WPF and Prism library. I use Python for building web bots, scrapers with scrapy and selenium, image processing applications with PIL and language processing applications with NLTK.
I have a strong background in database systems and SQL. I have experience with Oracle database 11g, SQL Server 2008 R2, MySQL, SQLite, and MS Access database systems. I also have experience with SSIS and Oracle Data Integrator for building data loading packages.
For machine learning and data mining, my favorite tool/language is Python. I have also used R, Rapidminer and Weka for my personal projects. R is quickly grabbing my attention and it might be my favorite language for data analysis and data mining.